Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Partial Sound + config resetting

I have a somewhat odd sound issue with DDO.

Running on Fedora 17 64 bit, with 32 bit vanilla wine installed to easily grab the right libraries. This is a fresh install of both the OS and Crossover/DDO within the past week. I installed using the Crosstie.

The game patches, runs, and functions normally. The music, combat, and other ambient sounds work properly, as does the DM/narration. However, there's no audio for voice chat.

It has worked for me in the past. I'm not sure if I've missed a step or if something has changed (does Gamespy now have to be installed separately?). Could it be a port issue?

I get along quite well without a working mic but being a daily raid healer with "no ears" is proving to be difficult.

A second issue (may or may not be related to the sound problem) is my in-game keybinding configuration resets to the default each time I login or switch between characters. I suspect this may be a permissions issue but I don't know what files are touched. This is problematic because I'm using a foreign (non US) keyboard and not all the bindings are set up. Having to redo keybindings for each character each time I connect (or switch) is a PITA.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTmM0bUhHcFZQSkgzZkt2TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9