Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DDO Turbine Mac Client Beta is available but Im stayin with Crossover

So I had a chance to run the new upcoming mac client on my Mac Pro 1,1 4x2.66 - OS X 10.6.8 - w/1Gig ATI Radeon 5770.

I was very impressed. On a scale of 1 to 10 - 10 being a flawless no bug client
I give this one an 8.5

The crashes I usually experience when running around the market or teleporting to Orchard or even when entering the Sands NEVER happened.
I ran the client for almost 12 hours without a single crash.
Load times were pretty much the same as WinXP.

Graphics were the only glitch that really stuck out.
I noticed when I ran Coal Chamber that there were graphics that would disappear and re-appear on my screen all the time and it became really annoying.
Also I see rainbow particles all the time where there should be fire on a torch and where there should be water running down a waterfall or fountain.

And the BIG downfall to me deciding to stay using Crossover is that it is only compatible with 10.7 and up.
Im sorry but I already had to upgrade my system to 10.6 just to continue playing this game with crossover
because Turbine made some change a month back that made the game unplayable with Crossover 11
and now Turbine wants me to update to 10.7 just so i can use their client.
You know its funny but when I started playing this game I was on Mac OS 10.4.

So for a game Ive been playing for several years, I "must" use an OS that was only released (and replaced) in the last year and a half.
I wasnt too happy when I was forced to upgrade Crossover to 12 which was only compatible with 10.6 and up, but I made the adjustment.
Im stayin with crossover 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkI1NFBGNUVZeGhMZUN2NiIsImdkcHIiOjB9