Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

A funny thing happened when I did the most recent update - DDO Unlimited launcher launched

So today I did the update from last monday I believe and when the update started it said it was relaunching the DDO launcher. All of a sudden I was seeing the normal DDO launcher and it fully loaded up to the point I could login. I didnt try to login because I was still doing the update, but Im curious if its possible to get it to work from the normal launcher now instead of the pylotro launcher.

Any thoughts

OK so I took it one step further and downloaded the DDO Preloader program created by someone. (http://majestics.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1468637)
I placed it in the DDO Unlimited folder on the winxp bottle and use the run command
It worked like a charm.
The Turbine Launcher launched (took about 5 minutes to load - Downloading DDO Splash Screen doesnt show progress)
I logged in
My character selection screen appeared
selected my character (load time was a bit long)
I am playing the game

very happy

ONE CATCH
when running the DDO preloader a Program Error pop up window appeared saying that the program has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

just close it and the launcher continues to load

OS X 10.6.8
Mac Pro 1,1
ATI Radeon 5770 1Gig Video Card
7 Gigs Ram

Linux or Mac?

Nevermind. You're 2nd post answered it and was at the same time as my question. 😊

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWk1zQ044M1Y4OU1LeHI4UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9