Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DDo opens, but does not load

Last couple of days it's been not responding at the load screen after character selection. Also it has been losing connection with the chat window and then it would take me out of the game. But this last time it kicked me out when I tried to launch the game again it wouldn't launch. What it does is pop up the initiation window but does not load in your files and then goes to what would be the next window. In the next window has no advertisements and in the window in the top right where it would load it says installing Pre-Reqs. It does nothing past this point. Any ideas how to get DDo running again. I'm having no problem with my internet and it's not failing because my computer is to slow. Everything in it is the best in the world right now. Reinstalling the game to not fixed issue it is still doing the same thing.

I may be mistaken but It sounds like you are trying to use the DDO turbine Launcher.

Even though I was able to get it to work does not mean that it will always work.
You should be using the Pylotro launcher. It skips all that stuff and just goes from you entering in your password straight to loading the character selection screen.

If that isnt working I would reinstall the game from scratch using the crosstie link

I still have issues of all sorts with crossover running DDO so I installed OS X 10.7.5 on a second hard drive to run the DDO OS X client and it really does make a difference.

I check back here all the time hoping that one of the updates for Crossover will fix the freezing issue and then I wwould be happy to go back to running DDO on my 10.6.8 system (since that is where all my apps that I currently use are loaded) and I really hate having to keep restarting my computer into another OS just to play this game.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0ZjY2d0U3g5OWhMUTZDdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9