Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DDO Installation

The Pando downloader is no longer available and the crosstie for DDO in Crossover 13 is broken. Is there another way to install the game?

Hi,
i created a bottle for Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, copied DDO into it and installed Pylotro. All resources needed were now there - the rest the client downloads.
DDO runs smoothly.

Roman Schnittker wrote:

Hi,
i created a bottle for Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, copied DDO
into it and installed Pylotro. All resources needed were now there -
the rest the client downloads.
DDO runs smoothly.

If i don't have the DDO files already and i have managed to get them down thru the launcher via a standard windows install in crossover, and I have installed Pylotro in the same bottle, configured the Pylotro to see the files and .exe, why do i get a window titles OUTPUT with Finished, what am i doing wrong?

The "finished" window in pyloro usually indicates the patcher has been opened or the program has not been patched correctly.

To start, have you ever (in the past) launched DDO using the pyloro launcher? Are you familiar with patching the client vs. launching the client? It may be that you're choosing the option to "patch" the program (getting the latest updates) rather than "launch" the program (opening the client). You launch the program using the "login" button.

Assuming you're already aware of the differences, have you made sure you have a recent copy of the patchclient.dll file? Every year or so Turbine makes a patch-breaking change that necessitates getting an even-newer version of this file if you need to do a clean install. (note: I back up my patchclient.dll file with each new major update/expansion using Dropbox). If you copied over a somewhat "old" version of the game this file may not be valid.

Did you possibly copy over a Steam directory install of the program? The steam version does not work under Crossover (at least last time I checked).

It could possibly be that you 'have' to run the full installer (instead of simply copying over the directory. There may be too many registry entries that are missing for things to work. Since you don't have the full installer, you would need to get it using either a full Windows install, or at least a virtual drive running Windows. You might also try searching for the "full" install online, some game review sites archive downloads of demos/installers (even quite old ones).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjM2V0xwRUZaeW1zbVFLTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9