Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Update Cross Tie both steam and direct installs work

Just a quick FYI I've updated the crosstie for 14.0.3 and included the steam ID since the game can not be installed from the windows version of Steam.

I do get some popups about installing .net framework but I just click ok and the game continues on and installs.

Bob

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought I'd give DDO another whirl (after 7 year absence?), but I couldn't get it to run with either the Turbine installer or the Steam installer. I seem to get further now with the Turbine installer (after I also put .NET 1.1 in the same bottle). That one finished downloading all 9GB of patches, but then it stalls at:

Downloading "EN DDO Splash Screen".

Hold on. As I was typing this message, some sort of timer must have kicked in, because it moved along and is now updating dndclient.exe. Then it restarted the launcher. Now it's having trouble even getting through the patch sequence.

I have put PyLotr into the same bottle. (edit:) I configured it for DDO, but nothing really happens when I launch it. Window disappears, a log window appears, but nothing shows up in the log window. No luck.

Yes I have problems getting past the patcher. It often throws an error or just freezes but if I keep relaunching it it will finally get to the point that it starts patching. Once the actual patching progress bar starts the game runs without a hitch. Getting to the point can take as many as 5-6 tries.

After playing for many weeks now, I have a few comments to help whoever arrives next to try this game.

There is no way to start the game launcher and immediately begin playing. It doesn't happen. Instead, start the launcher repeatedly. You will see any of the following results. Cancel all launches until you get the last result in this list. It provides the shortest delay (just a few minutes, usually), then you can finally login and play the game.

1) Sometimes the program outright crashes. Just click the button to acknowledge, then launch again.
2) "Retrieving content list from Akamai..." This message burns maximum cpu usage on all cpus for up to 20 minutes, but it does eventually launch. Better just to close the application and try again with the luck of the dice roll.
3) "Retrieving downloadable content list..." This message also eventually works, but it's still faster to close the application and try again.
4) "Downloading "EN DDO Splash Screen"" This message is the one that you want to see. You're still stuck for a few minutes while it does nothing noticeable, but it seems to resolve itself sooner than all other options.

Good luck. :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS3dNS0xORnJDZEVMdDRwNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9