Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DDO Store

I ran DDO on Linux using Crossover maybe 5-6 years ago for a while, then went back to running on Windows. Recently returned to running on Linux. Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 32 bit. Been running OK for maybe two months or so now. Have some of the problems I saw mentioned by one of the advocates that launch often fails in a variety of ways, but I keep trying and eventually it launches and runs ok.

The past few days I have been having problems with the ddo store. It opens a blank window, hangs ddo and sometimes my entire OS. I think it started a day or two before I installed U30. Curious if anyone else has had recent problems with ddo store and has any suggestions. Otherwise the game has been running fairly well for me.

Sorry I took a while to get back to you on this but I've been away the past week.

Just a quick note to say it's not just you. For me the game crashes a few seconds after getting the DDO store black window. I'll check into it more what I can.

Note I was using crossover 15.0.0 I'll first update to 15.0.1 and see if that helps.

Bob

Bob, thanks for your response. I just noticed it. I had expected to be notified if anyone responded to my post, but apparently I wasn't subscribed to the thread I started. :) Yay for being a forum newbie.

Good to know it's not just me. I think it was initially just hanging my PC, but lately it has been crashing ddo on me within a few seconds after opening the store, as you described. I am on 15.0.1. Please let me know if you figure it out. Thanks!

I was going to use one of my Win10 PCs just to use the ddo store, but continue actually playing the game on Linux - but now neither of my Win10 PCs will connect to the ddo patch server. So I am completely unable to use the store unless I get it working on my Linux laptop.

Mike

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQWM3WFFIRWt1TnAyV0tmVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9