DVD Profiler 3.5 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error in xul.dll or js3250.dll

DVD-Profiler 3.5.1 worked well here with Crossover 7.0.0 and 7.0.1.

But since update to Crossover 8.0.1 the DVD-Profiler crashes with errors in xul.dll or js3250.dll ("Exception EAccessViolation") directly after the main windows appears. Sometimes it works well for a few minutes and then it crashs with same error.

Both (Profiler and Crossover) deinstalled and reinstalled: Same error.

SAS wrote:

DVD-Profiler 3.5.1 worked well here with Crossover 7.0.0 and 7.0.1.

But since update to Crossover 8.0.1 the DVD-Profiler crashes with
errors in xul.dll or js3250.dll ("Exception EAccessViolation")
directly after the main windows appears. Sometimes it works well for
a few minutes and then it crashs with same error.

Both (Profiler and Crossover) deinstalled and reinstalled: Same
error.

Hi,

Just wondering...have you tried the CXO-8.0.3 release with this yet?

Cheers!

Hello!

My answer is a little late now... 😉

I dunno where to download the 8.0.3. When I download the available release for my license, i've got only the 8.0.1.

In the meantime I tried to reinstall X11 from Mac OS DVD (Snow Leopard). Same issue. Then I installed the newest XQuartz (2.5.0): Same issue.

Next Problem: Invelos has a new DVD-Profiler release out. Since this new version it's not possible to install DVD-Profiler at all. The beginning of the setup procedure is ok, but when the installation begins ("Extracting files...") it ends with an error: "Access violation at adress 00000000. Write of adress 00000000." ☹️ Klicking "OK" closes the bottle.

Cheers!

Hi,

Indeed...nigh on 5 months is a bit late, and a whole new version of crossover
has arrived in between. If you can't get to the newer builds, I'd have to guess
your support period has expired - you would need to renew your codeweaver's license
to get those builds. All I can suggest is that you try the -demo- version of the
crossover-9.0.1 release and see if the app has a better time of it...failing that,
I would try to find a version of wine that still runs this app.

Cheers!

Hello.

Thanks for your answer.
I don't want to buy a new Crossover license every year, so I think I'll try wine instead.

Cheers.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiblNoSHZicktOZDZVZGZkcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9