DVD Shrink 3 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MAC OS X - Failed to read file "E:/", Access Denied

Clearly from the screenshots the mac is capable of running dvd shrink via CrossOver Mac but when ever I choose to open disc or files, it begins to analyse and then I get this error:

DVD Shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue:
Failed to read file "E:/"
Access Denied

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

I have the same problem, my machine's spec's follow:

Current model 24" iMac, running Leopard.

Hopefully someone knows how to solve this problem, I have had DVDshrink running perfectly on various Linux distro's under various versions of Wine over the last couple of years or so.

OK, I was a little slow on this one;

If you play the DVD (I used VLC) to open the disk to the starting menu then the disk becomes accessible & reads as it should.

Which then brings up the next problem that is as soon as the disk is read DVDshrink closes, reopening DVDshrink just allows me to repeat the process...

If I try to backup a DVD structure that is saved onto the hard disk drive it behaves the same as if it were reading the DVD disk.

So I can not backup a DVD using DVDshrink in Leopard on this iMac.

On Sabayon Linux 3.4e & f, a similar problem happens with Wine (different computer), except after the first closure when you reopen DVDshrink it allows you to continue & do the Backup.

Any idea's anyone?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmhYTDJwWFc4UVcydjJ3VSIsImdkcHIiOjB9