e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ipad

Is it possible to install e-sword on a iPad

regards

Did you ever find out if E-Sword is available on the Ipad? I am also interested in having the software on my IPad. Let me know what you have discovered.

Yes please! I would love to have esword on my iPad! Please let me know when it will be available if it isn't already.

The iPad (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc) devices use an ARM processor, not an Intel processor like desktop machines. The ARM has an entirely different instruction set and the source code of the Windows application would need to be reprogrammed and compiled specifically for that processor instead of the Intel processor that its been compiled for. Doing something like that is way outside the capabilities of Crossover - even the full emulators like Parallels & VMware still emulate a regular Intel processor and don't try to translate between chip instruction sets.

The best solution would be if enough users expressed interest in an iPad/iPhone/Andriod app to the publisher of E-Sword and he made a version for those devices.

Doing something like that is way outside the capabilities of Crossover

Can I take that as confirmation that Codeweavers has no plans for porting Crossover to either IOS or Android?

jonathon

jonathon wrote:

Doing something like that is way outside the capabilities of
Crossover

Can I take that as confirmation that Codeweavers has no plans for
porting Crossover to either IOS or Android?

jonathon

Not in the near future, no.

I would also like to see e-sword for the iPad. I'd like to combine the utility/versatility of e-sword with the portable convenience of a tablet - I don't always want to carry my laptop with me.

I have had the extreme pleasure of using e-source and the available resources for several years;
during which I have waited and prayed patiently for it to be available on my MAC computer, that
day have arrived with the availability of cross-over. I have no doubt that with our diligent prayers
and request, a codec will be available for our i-pads in the near future.

Availability of e-sword on the iPad would certainly be nice, I definitely think there is enough interest.

Esword is so good. When will it be available for IPad users? Please don't forget about us. Thank you ;)

Asking in wrong forum this is only for crossover app. Only the developer of e-sword can answer that question.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieTdGc3o1U1ZaSzZ5S01UUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9