e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

E-sword on Intel macbook pro 13" Snow Leopard

I tried to install e-sword with Crossover 10.0.1 Demo. But i had some problems with the Microsoft Visual C ++ 6 , said, "The installer has exited but Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable does not seem to be installed". This is the only problem with the instalation.

What can I do?

I'd guess that the C++ installation file was corrupted during the download. My recommendation would be to delete your e-Sword bottle from Crossover's Manage Bottles menu (using the "-" key to delete), delete Crossover's installer cache, which you'll find here in a finder:

/(home)/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/installers

(whereas "/(home)" = your user account's "home" folder, or "/Mac HD/Users/[username]/")

Then, attempt another installation of e-Sword in the same manner. Crossover will be forced to re-download the installation files, and hopefully this time there will be no corruptions or problems with the files.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieFlBbUpBY1QzR2NSUkdFbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9