e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot Complete Installation of e-Sword 9.9.0

Cannot complete installation of e-Sword 9.9.0 via CrossTie on my MBA running OS X 10.6.7. I have CrossOver 10.0.1 and did not have problem with previous e-Sword version installation using CrossTie.

The error message is "Error Reading Setup on Initialization File". It is generated after agreeing to the terms of use. The whole installation cannot proceed from this point onward; either cancel installation or skip this step, which results in non-functioning e-Sword program. I have tried multiple installation; each time resulted in the error. Rebooted multiple times...has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks
William

My issue is very similiar>> I am running OSX 10.6.6 and crossover demo 10.0.1 trying to install the same version of e-sword.. The message I get is "error reading initialization file" immediately after I hit yes on the popup for "visual Basic 6.0 runtime redistribution"

Working with the support Ninja now...first response was to delete the "installers" folder buried the home folder/library/application support/crossover folder.... in the system side of your finder....

Ninja advice was quick but now I can't get the e-sword bottle reinstalled to test out their fix.... (DE here)

I just noticed that the "crosstie" button disappeared from their site so they may have some repairs to do or whatever... by the way, if you like e-sword you may also be interested in this service>> http://www.sbsinternational.org/

Hi,

It would appear as though the esword installer now bundles microsoft visual c++
redistributable ; such a change effectively breaks things in the crosstie going by
what I know about these things....

Using the following outlay just worked for me ;

1. Create a new winxp bottle, name it e-sword

2. Install Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 6 runtime -- http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=6894

3. Install msls31 -- http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7857

Now download the e-sword 9.9 install from here -> http://www.e-sword.net/files/setup990.exe

Install that into the same bottle using the 'Other' application target, and it should work.

Cheers!

Dave,

According to Andrew at CrossOver, to install:
open Crossover
go to the Configure->Install Software
*scroll down to Unsupported Applications->Community Supported Applications->e-Sword and install

This will version 9.9.0. Install it did. Thanks Andrew. At one point during the installation, it behaved as if it was stuck. After two/three minutes, the installation moved forward to completion.

I hope this will help you with your installation.

William

e-sword is no longer on the list of unsupported programs / applications, so now what?

I've googled a bit and found Mac Snow Leopard needs X11 selected, which is found on the Mac OX Snow Leopard Install CD somewhere. My hubby is away, and I have no idea where he has stored it, but I hope that helps someone. I'm going to look and see if I can download one from Apple. I can get all the pdfs and extras, just not the e-sword to open.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlJhVllUVnprU2JrVDZLNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9