e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

glitches after upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04

Was so happy to be able to run E-sword so smoothly with crossover that I payed for it! Then I upgraded ubuntu 11.04 and now I have to aim my mouse pointer roughly 1/8th of an inch below what I really want to click on. It's about to drive me crazy. I uninstalled e-sword after updating crossover, then reinstalled e-sword and thought it was fixed until I re-opened it and back to same issue. Please help! I use e-sword so much that I payed for it too! If a different distro will work better I will quickly change!

Odd - haven't seen this on our own Ubuntu 11.04 machines. I'd try deleting your current e-Sword bottle (inside Manage Bottles, using "remove"), and also delete Crossover's installer cache, in case a corrupted or old copy of e-Sword is the problem. That cache is here:

~/.cxoffice/installers (i.e. /home/clifford/.cxoffice/installers)

Now, go to the "details" page on the e-Sword entry and click on "install via CrossTie" to try a new installation a pull down all new installer files.

If you've still got the same issue, kindly file a support ticket so we can examine more closely.

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

Thanks, will give that a try! 😀 When I uninstalled it last time I just removed it from the virtual C:\ Didn't think about the bottle!

Well, foul, foul, and filth (and other things a preacher ain't suppose to say)! Followed the above directions and everything was fine. Downloaded the usual suspects closed it reinstalled the premium files I had purchased before. Opened it clicked on the "tip of the day" close button (right on it) still fine. Then it was back to the whole "clicking on the bottom of the next tool-bar" trick 😭 !

Thanks for the help. Proceeding now to the ticket window.

Odd doesn't begin to describe what's going on! Now when I resize the window or make another window briefly dominant, the problem goes away!?!? When I first open it the title bar is directly on top of the main Ubuntu title bar. When I bring another window to the fore it jumps down (about one toolbar in height)and forms a second title bar even if I bring it forward again and click on the resize button. It still has the second title bar both now with E-sword on them. 😕

BTW opened ticket - 849708 as you suggested. Thanks again!

Random idea - when you launch e-Sword in fullscreen on Ubuntu 11.04 and you get the "double title bar" issue, can you try immediately pressing ctrl+alt+"down" (arrow key). I think maybe there's a workspace confusion issue between Crossover and Unity, here.

Okay, this is interesting. I opened e-sword, it opened into full screen with only one title bar. I pressed ctr-alt- down arrow key, it changed work areas. I brought it back to the original work space, moused over the Bible tabs and every thing was fine (still full screen, still one title bar). I reduced the window, still works fine. Brought it back to full screen and it's back to its old shinanagins. Changed work areas again and it's fine again, except for the shadow problem has returned. Just went back to it while typing this and now there are two title bars but everything else is fine including the "shadow" problem. I hope all this is telling you something 'cause I'm still in the dark. But thanks for the continued support!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUllZcmZ4aEVhTnNhV2NQVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9