e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover can't find X11

I have repeated tried to install Crossover on my fathers iMac with OS X 10.6.4.

Each time I get an error message that says Crossover cannot find X11 and to install it from the Start up Disc. I have done this repeatedly but still get the same error message. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to solve this so that I can install e-Sword?

Robert Kaylor

I am having that same problem.
I followed the steps in the Mac FAQ.
I didn't see X11 in applications/utilities where it should have been?
Rather than installing X11 from a disk (I can't do because the laptop is provided by my college so no disks for me),
I downloaded X11 and tried installing it, only to find out I can't install that because a newer version is already installed.
X11 is on my laptap, somewhere. It would seem that Crossover just can't find it.

Any downloaded version of X11 you find won't work if you're running OS X 10.6 - Crossover needs the X11 package that comes on the OS X 10.6 installation disc, itself.

X11 is an optional install in OS X 10.6, and often times the person installing the OS will opt not to install it, so it's not uncommon for 10.6 users to hit this snag when first running Crossover. However, there's really only one solution, and that's to install X11 from the OS X 10.6 as depicted here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/cxofficemissingx11

It tells me that the solution is to insert the disc. The 10.6 (Lion) came installed. And I was able to install e-Sword through crossover. But the other day I downloaded the new OS Mountain Lion and now it is telling me that that X11 is missing and I need to go to the disc, but I don't have the disc! I downloaded it! So, now what do I do? I am really missing e-Sword!

I installed Mountain Lion and then e-Sword with Crossover wouldn't open and said I needed to install X11 from the start-up disc. Of course, I didn't have the start up disc but I went to Apple Support, opened it for Mountain Lion and there was a list of help topics and one of them was installing X11, so I went there and I had to download and install something called xQuartz. I was successful at that but now e-Sword won't open at all. It tries to open and then shuts down.I suppose that is why the note in red saying that they are experiencing difficulty with e-Sword at the moment. Anyway, I got as far as getting X11 installed.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWHF5TVJwUVMyUW1BeXpyWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9