e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error Message "Unable to locate msls31.dll file"

Hello

I installed e-Sword using the trial version of CrossOver, but I am receiving an error message that the "msls31.dll" file could not be located. This error message also freezes access to the Strongs hyperlinks and displays a blank screen. Generally, the program freezes up but I do manage to exit e-Sword eventually.

I downloaded the "msls31.dll" file from a DLL website and pasted it into my Dropbox e_Sword folder (I sync all my notes and Bibles etc with my desktop) but this is not having any effect. Is there a file hidden away in my root folder (which I don't have permission to access) that needs to have "msls31.dll" added? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Paul Morris

try installing from the 'msls31' package in the "runtime support components" section of Crossover's Install Software menu into your e-sword bottle. This should put it in the right place.

The following link shows how to install a dependency package (like msls31) into a pre-existing bottle. In your case, you're looking for your e-Sword bottle:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/unsupported_deps

Jack Phinney wrote:

try installing from the 'msls31' package in the "runtime support
components" section of Crossover's Install Software menu into your
e-sword bottle. This should put it in the right place.

The following link shows how to install a dependency package (like
msls31) into a pre-existing bottle. In your case, you're looking for
your e-Sword bottle:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/unsupported_deps

Thanks for that. Looks like it's going OK now!

Cheers

Paul Morris

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiemJkN01KTHVFZHZYWUFaMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9