e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

e-Sword doesn't start on Ubuntu 12.04

Installed Crossover 11.0.3 and tried installing E-Sword on Ubuntu 12.04LTS. The install goes fine but then when I click on the icon or run from the dash nothing happens. Sometimes if I click on the icon many many times I'll get a message about another instance of e-sword already running and asking if I want to start a new instance. Yet if I look at the task manager in the bottle it doesn't show anything happening. Is there a way to run a diagnostic and see step by step what's going on in the bottle and when/why e-Sword is failing? e-Sword worked on Ubuntu 11 with Crossover 10 but they may have been e-Sword 9 not 10 (can't remember) so I was surprised to have any trouble this time. Thanks for any help!
-Patrick

Same problem here. The error:

e-Sword:

p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hello

I stumbled upon a website that explained on a 32 bit install of Ubuntu 12.04 there is an error message in the log of Crossover 11:
“Failed reading JPEG because unable to find libjpeg.so.62″

This prevented e-Sword from starting. By installing in Terminal the package libjpeg62 i.e "sudo apt-get install libjpeg62" (without the quotation marks) should get e-Sword up and running.

Cheers

Paul

I have the same problem as Patrick Day

Installed Crossover 11.0.3 and tried installing E-Sword on Ubuntu 12.04LTS. The install goes fine but then when I click on the icon or run from the dash nothing happens.

and find the same error:

p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

also did this : "sudo apt-get install libjpeg62"

Still the same - no response except for the above error in the log: p11-kit:

Any suggestions?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZXN5UXdGdTNOa1BHWjRoSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9