e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fee to be able to use e-Sword?

After the 14 day trial do I have to buy Crossover every 6months- a year in order for e-Sword to keep running on iMac?

Buyer beware...make sure to read the upgrade policy. There is an initial fee then you have to pay once your subscription ends...very disappointing proposition. I will look for alternatives

You don't have to keep paying a fee. The fee is to upgrade to later versions. Generally, if your software works, it will continue to work.

The alternative is to use the free WINE package, which comes as an option with most Linux distributions. The major, by far, contributor to WINE is Codeweavers.

By buying Crossover, you are supporting the WINE project.

Tim

Tabitha Williams wrote:

Buyer beware...make sure to read the upgrade policy. There is an
initial fee then you have to pay once your subscription ends...very
disappointing proposition. I will look for alternatives

Hello Tabitha,

Our sales team already outlined this for you, but I wanted to make sure the answer also arrived here:

Christian Delzer wrote:

Here is how our licensing works. Once a license of our software is
purchased it is yours to keep. The only ongoing fee we have, which
is subscription based, is our support. Our support covers software
upgrades, software updates, and help desk. Once the support for
your license expires, your license will continue to work as long as
you don’t change the OS on your workstation. You will simply no
longer have access to any new versions/updates or help desk. Let me
know if you have any further questions. Thanks again for your
interest.

If you are interested in reading about alternatives to CrossOver, we list several on this page:

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/windowsmac/

If you have further questions, please let us know.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEdQbmZhRkpDNnVoaHRHRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9