e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

AHLB Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible font problem

Has anybody been able to get the ancient hebrew fonts installed properly to work with AHLB?

I dropped them into the windows/fonts folder but crossover is only recognizing 1 out of the 7 (so 6 of the fonts are not getting installed).

I think the issue/bug has something to do with the Mac itself sees an error with the fonts and therefore crossover is not installing them, even though they work just fine in Windows.

Okay after lots and lots of research and testing I have finally gotten the AHLB fonts fixed and to load correctly on the Mac and to work with Crossover.

Here is the post that explains the procedure:
http://www.iwebss.com/tech/540-fixing-fonts-with-validation-errors-on-mac

And here is a copy of the instructions from the the website in case its not available:

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1
Download the original AHLB fonts from Jeff Benner’s website here:
www.mechanical-translation.org/modules/ahlbfonts.zip

STEP 2
Unzip the files.

STEP 3
Download and install CR8 Software Solutions free font editor for Mac called Type from here:
www.cr8software.net/typex.html

STEP 4
Open your problem ttf or otf font in the editor (choose File then Open).

STEP 5
Choose Font then Rename Font.
Make sure all three field names are the identical and have the same name. They should all say the same thing and be the proper name of the font as you want it to appear in your font list. For example when I went to rename the OLBHEB.TTF font, the Family Name and Full Name said OLBHEB but the Sub Family said Regular. So I changed the Sub Family to OLBHEB as well so that all three were the same.

STEP 6
Select Remove All Non-English Entries then click RENAME button and click YES to confirm the changes.

STEP 7
Save your font (choose File then Save As).

STEP 8
Try installing the font on your Mac by double-clicking it.

DONE!!

OR THE EASY WAY...
You can download the “fixed for Mac”AHLB fonts here:
ahlbfonts_fixed_for_mac.zip

PLEASE HELP ME INSTALL AHLB jeff

Hi Shelyn. I sent you friend request for this forum.

Also my old ministry email still works, if you remember it: jeff@....

Jeff

Also for help installing the fonts, see the following post:
Installing Fonts in Windows bottle

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUm1GdXZic1NWdzdmY2hldSIsImdkcHIiOjB9