e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install additional Modules in e-Sword

These steps assume that you've already got Crossover and e-Sword installed. These steps are for use when trying to install any additional bible modules, most of which can be found here: http://www.e-sword.net/bibles.html

How to Install e-Sword Modules:

• Download your e-Sword module to your Mac (e.g., Downloads Folder). Don't open the file, just download it.
  • Launch CrossOver, and go to Programs>Run Command in the top menu.
  • Choose "e-Sword" in the "Use Bottle" menu.
  • Click on "Browse" next to the "Command" field.
  • Browse to your downloaded file (e.g. "nkjv.exe"), highlight it, and click on "open".
  • Click on "run" in the bottom right corner, and it will go through the normal install wizard for your module.
  • When this is done, the Crossover Run Command screen will stop running. Click "cancel" to close it, or just click on the red button in the top-left corner of the Screen.
  • Launch e-Sword by opening Crossover, then click on Programs>e-Sword>e-Sword, and you should see your module is installed.

Works for me! Thanks!
Jason

Hi I am a new user and just installed E-sword which itself seems to work great. But when I follow your instructions to download Bibles or dictionaries all I get after it starts to install is that it will not since the e sword version is older than 9.0? When I launch e-sword and check the version it says 9.7.2 so I am confused as to what to do?

I've seen that error when I accidentally tried to run the installer in a bottle that didn't actually contain e-Sword. You'll want to make sure that you're selecting the e-Sword bottle in the Run Command menu.

If you are selecting the e-Sword bottle, perhaps you've got more than 1 e-Sword bottle, and you're selecting one that doesn't have a full install? You can check your bottles by going to Crossover's Configure>Manage Bottles menu. Highlight the bottle named e-Sword, and click on the "Applications" button to look at the contents. If e-Sword was installed successfully, it should contain the following:

msls31
TrueType font: Georgia
e-Sword
CrossOver HTML Engine
Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 6 runtime
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable

If you've got multiple e-Sword bottles (i.e. some named "e-Sword-2", and so forth), check the contents of each bottle. Delete any e-Sword bottles that don't contain all of the above components, and keep only one that does. Then, go back and try to install the downloaded bible module, again.

I want to install some bibles into e-sword, via Crossover,

but these are .bblx files, not "installable" .exe files.

How do I make them .exe files, or how do I install them as is?

if you have just the bblx files, you'll want to open up a finder and manually copy the bblx files into the Program Files/e-Sword directory for e-sword, which is here:

/(home)/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/e-Sword/drive_c/Program Files/e-Sword/

whereas (home) is your user account's home directory on your Mac.

When you next launch e-Sword, the bibles should be in place.

Yep - did that - and it worked. I came to report my success, and you gave me exactly the advice that I had just done. (Great for verification and comfort!)

Thanks!!!

Hola, los modulos ábrelos en una PC con windows y E-sword instalado, luego te vas a archivo de programas en tu pc con windows, copias los modulos que acabas de instalar en una pendrive (bblx, dctx, topx, mapx, etc), y los llevas hasta tu mac.

Luego en mac, vas LIBRERIA y buscas APPLICATION SUPPORT; luego vas a la carpeta CROSSOVER y después BOTTLES; ahora E-SWORD y después DRIVE_C; ahora PROGRAM FILES y finalmente E-SWORD. Copia o pega los modulos en esta ultima carpeta y listo.

Abre el programa E-Sword y aparecerán tus modulos.

Espero les sirva.

Hello!

I have followed all the steps that you listed on your posting:

• Download your e-Sword module to your Mac (e.g., Downloads Folder). Don't open the file, just download it.
  • Launch CrossOver, and go to Programs>Run Command in the top menu.
  • Choose "e-Sword" in the "Use Bottle" menu.
  • Click on "Browse" next to the "Command" field.
  • Browse to your downloaded file (e.g. "nkjv.exe"), highlight it, and click on "open".
  • Click on "run" in the bottom right corner, and it will go through the normal install wizard for your module.
  • Click "cancel" to close it, or just click on the red button in the top-left corner of the Screen.
  • Launch e-Sword by opening Crossover, then click on Programs>e-Sword>e-Sword, and you should see your module is installed.

HOWEVER, the bible modules that i purchased still WON'T show up on the e-Sword.

Did i miss anything?
Please help, i need this software to work!

Thanks and blessings to you!
Zee

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

just an FYI - if you have a valid support license and are having trouble with the modules, we recommend that you file a ticket with our support department so we can give the issue personal attention.

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

Hi Jack,

I have several different bibles .bblx, dictionaries .dctx, commentaries .cmtx and .topx files I would like to load up into Mac is that possible?

Thanks Jeff

Just copy all of those files into this directory:

/(home)/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/e-Sword/drive_c/Program Files/e-Sword/

whereas (home) is your user account's home directory on your Mac.

You'll of course need to have Crossover and e-Sword installed, first.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTWd3RVB5dnFBYXY0NW1FYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9