Elite Dangerous Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How do we get the Launcher working?

The make or break issue here is getting the launcher working. I have high hopes for the rest of the game once we can crack this!

I've tried different bottle types, tried mono and .NET installs with little success. The only thing I know is that .NET is necessary to run the launcher, and I can't get it going.
You can't run the game without the launcher, as the game authenticates within the launcher, not the game.

Ideas welcome...

Hello,
I have set a windows 7 bottle, then installed dotnet35 and directx11.
And the launcher doesn't launch, speaking of an error with "cobra bay window"
Cobra is Elite dangerous' game engine, that's all i know.

That's pretty much what I see

Internal error creating window:

Cannot find DependancyProperty or PropertyInfo for
property named "StringFormat". Property names are
case sensitive. Error at object
'System.Windows.Data.Binding' in markup file
'EDLaunch;component/cobrabaywindow.xaml'

Any thoughts anyone?

I think we need a special launcher, you know like Pylotro....

Working on this now for another perspective.

Installed:
.Net 3.5 SP 1
Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern

Current Log:
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/173694/03690214

State of Application: Not Working

• Launcher comes up completely black.

Next Steps:

• This game requires DirectX 10, which is not yet in Wine.

Now that it is in Steam, might that offer a new approach?

The requirements for this game say that it needs DirectX 11. CrossOver offers support only for DX9.

When will DX11 support be added?

Guys, get Elite Dangerous to work on your software and I WILL buy it.

How about now that it is available via Steam?

Count me in to buy a copy if Elite Dangerous can be made to work with CrossOver! Specially that Frontier Development has announced a first expansion to Elite Dangerous named "Horizons" and it will NOT be ported to OS X.

Any new developments on this? I tried installing E:D through steam with WINE but so far have failed to get it to work. I know there is a LOT of mac players that are loosing support (or at least it seems that way on the E:D forums), please please please PLEASE see if you guys can make it run.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOEJ4OE5FSFJLaHNic1l1YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9