ePSXe Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

will not open

it just appears in my dock and then disappears. it's not opening an window

Run the app and capture a log file (Programs -> Run -> select the exe for ePSXe -> Debug Options -> check "Create log file". The log file will give you a reason why it failed to open. When we know that, its easier to figure out what is wrong.

PS Did you install it using the C4P file on the Details page?

PSS What is your OS and what version of CXG are you running?

it doesnt acknowledge that anything is wrong. it just appears and disappears on the dock. it is the c4p file posted here, and it's v9.2

** Sun Nov 21 22:53:00 2010
Starting '/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--workdir' '/Users/summoora/Applications/CrossOver Games' '--start' '--'
'/Users/summoora/Applications/CrossOver Games/ePSXe (ePSXe-2).app'

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\winefile.exe"

so i need a system32 folder...?

You should have one already. Sadly I haven't experimented with c4p files. They should have installed the necessary files for you. Are you having any problems with any other apps?

i haven't tried any others. i did this solely to be able to emulate ffix on my mac. ill try downloading another c4p and see what happens

Summer, that log output is because you have selected the launcher mini-application as the program to run in the Run Command dialog. That's not how that works. You should be selecting the Windows .exe program file, which should be somewhere within the bottle's virtual C: drive folder. When you use the Browse button in the Run Command dialog, it starts you out in that folder, so you probably want to delve in from there. For example, the Program Files subfolder is a good place to start looking.

honestly, i have no clue what i'm doing. i have only had this mac for like, two days. it's my first experience with a mac, just about. what exactly should i have done to make this program work in the first place? all i did was download the c4p and load it. should i have done anything else? there is no exe anywhere in the program files folder. i have common files (empty), internet explorer, and netscape in there. just by default. i tried downloading epsxe from their website just in case dragging that file to programs magically worked, but to no avail.
PS: does it matter whether im using crossover or crossover games? i've tried both

Summer, I'd recommend you skip the c4p and do it manually, sometimes the c4p can be outdated (like the download link changed) and may not work as expected.
In addition, emulators may require a BIOS be placed somewhere to work, something that a c4p profile cannot due because of legal reasons.
You downloaded the file from the website, is it an installer? or does it just run automatically? Look for a read-me file or instructions on their website too.

I downloaded the c4p just to check and it installs fine. I found the .exe no problem.
Ran it under "Run a Windows Command" with debug option turned on. Here is what I got:

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
err:module:import_dll Library zlib1.dll (which is needed by L"C:\Program Files\ePSXe\ePSXe.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\Program Files\ePSXe\ePSXe.exe" failed, status c0000135

I searched online for the dll and put in on the same directory as that of epsxe and the program started immediately and asked for a BIOS...

ok, so if i wanted to install it manually using crossover, what steps would i need to take? and where is the directory? im not used to using a mac or crossover, and im having a hard time finding things

also, i found that i can only install the c4p with crossover games, not crossover. is that normal?

Ok, now it's showing up, except it's saying that i need the spch1001 or spch7502 bios, and i have them. i even switched out a few different bios in case something was wrong with them. so now im lost

all issues have been fixed, and it's running my games :)

im having the trouble with configuring the BIOS files, im having the same trouble Summer was with it not recognizing it, could you please tell me how you got it working?

1 to 15 of 15

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieU5oaGNCY2hycVFkcmFmRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9