Europa Universalis III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

eu3:in 3.2 report

Tested the latest eu3:IN in 8.1.4 and it works ok, the graphics are sometimes a -bit- buggy, not something problematic.
But it does remind you that you're not using the native platform. Also, it would be great if the cxteam could get working on getting the sound to be playable, i dont know what causes it, but the main sound crash relates to VC++ issues, so... ?? Anyways, without master_sound= -1 the game doesnt load, which is particularly terrible, since sound is emotion in strategy games.

thanks for the opportunity.

i hope cxgames continues to improve.

:D

Knight wrote:

Tested the latest eu3:IN in 8.1.4 and it works ok, the graphics are
sometimes a -bit- buggy, not something problematic.
But it does remind you that you're not using the native platform.
Also, it would be great if the cxteam could get working on getting
the sound to be playable, i dont know what causes it, but the main
sound crash relates to VC++ issues, so... ?? Anyways, without
master_sound= -1 the game doesnt load, which is particularly
terrible, since sound is emotion in strategy games.

snip<

Hi,

Have you tried installing one (or more) of the Microsoft Visual C++ service
packs into the same bottle? These are available as install targets in the
cxinstallwizard once you show all services packs and dependencies.

Cheers!

I'm trying to get EU3 in nomine or HTTT to work on 8.1.4 for Mac but having no luck.

I can get as far as the main menu but when I try to load a game it crashes.

I've added DirectSound key with MaxShadowSize = 0 and I've changed settings to MasterVolume = -1.

I also tried adding various Direct3D settings and have set dxdof and d3dx9_36 to native,enabled.

DirectX Modern are installed as is VC++ 98.

Any advice would be most welcome!

NB in settings I have master_volume rather than master_sound. Is that significant?

Hi,

It might be worth reading through the WineHQ AppDB entry for this title...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12482&iTestingId=26708

Cheers!

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

Knight wrote:

Tested the latest eu3:IN in 8.1.4 and it works ok, the
graphics are sometimes a -bit- buggy, not something problematic.
But it does remind you that you're not using the native platform.
Also, it would be great if the cxteam could get working on getting
the sound to be playable, i dont know what causes it, but the main
sound crash relates to VC++ issues, so... ?? Anyways, without
master_sound= -1 the game doesnt load, which is particularly
terrible, since sound is emotion in strategy games.

snip<

Hi,

Have you tried installing one (or more) of the Microsoft Visual
C++ service
packs into the same bottle?

Cheers!

obviously so, in fact this is almost always installed by anything in cxgames, its quite funny. msvcpp service packs are really not the life savers they ought to be.

and @dashstar1972:

check my tips and tricks for the full description on getting the game running.
here:http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4841;tips=1
for easy access, and also... this might be a graphics card limitation. otherwise, it may also be a 'mac only' issue, there are lots of those.
paradox is really lame for releasing mac versions up till NA, then dropping the whole unix thing altogether.

there might be a linux, and possibly mac version of eu2 and FTG in the future btw, its being considered... :~

best of luck.

i wont buy another paradox game until they start pumping out linux versions, even if unsupported.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUDVYd3pYTkxya0U3d2I5RyIsImdkcHIiOjB9