EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does Eve Voice or Jukebox work?

I'm using the current Ubuntu release and Eve works very well. The only problems I have are the Juke box scrolling and not playing also Eve voice failing on self test. Is there a user accessible process that will fix these issues? I'm posting here because the only references to audio that I see are all a couple of years old.

On the wine project forums (http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=21373), people have had success getting the Jukebox to work by installing libmpg123 within linux, and then installing the windows media player along with the necessary codec within your crossover office bottle EVE resides in. I have not gotten this to work, but I typically play EVE with no sound (it's in space, right), or with an external media player like audacious or mplayer, so I haven't spent any time getting it to work.

Thanks for the response.
I did install the lib but the version in the Ubuntu repository is an older one and does not work with this version of Eve. I have had poor success with installing codecs in the bottle in the past so I stopped at that point. I was hoping for an easy fix. Being lazy, thanks again.

It'd be great if this could be fixed since the soundtrack to EVE is sweet.

It looks like this is fixed in Wine 1.3.13 and higher. Unfortunately, CrossOver Games 10.1.0 is built on Wine 1.3.9 so I guess we have to wait until the next version of Games.

I would like to have this working too..
I have been running the mac client for some time but it's much that is not right with that one.
but happy news: crossover 11 is incomming! well atleast the beta..

Just tried it, doesn't work still. From what I was reading tho, it looks like CX11 is going to have the fix, and thats coming soon.
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=871477

Both EVE Voice (that's when the game talks to you, no some in-game Ventrilo - right?) and the EVE Jukebox work on CrossOver XI.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidDVoQ0p3UnRLRUVIRWJhRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9