EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No Sound and Crash When Clicking on Enable Sound

I just got Eve up and running in Mint 12 using the CrossTie. I have to run it in windowed mode because of my dual monitors, but it seemed to work fine at first; even with sound.

After about 30 minutes of sitting in a station the sound stopped working and whenever I go to the sound settings to enable/disable sound, the game freezes and I have to force quit.

Update: Rebooting my computer appears to temporarily fix the sound, but after about 15 - 30 min the sound stops again. Also, restarting the game client doesn't fix it.

It appears as though I'm not the only one with this problem. I found a fix for wine, but I'm not sure about how to fix this in Crossover.

Here is a link to the thread that explains the fix:
http://appdb.winehq.org/commentview.php?iAppId=2249&iVersionId=23787&iThreadId=70588

The problem seems to only happen when you choose an application while running EVE. Apparently running an older version of wine helps, but I am not sure how to do this in Crossover.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

hi I have the same proplem and i too run Mint 12, mine just frees wen i try to enable/disable sound and have to manual go in to System monitor and kill ExeFile.exe.

do u have a Support Ticket? and wat is it nr. So i can go in and say i have the same proplem.

Have U found eni workaround?

thanks
for the info

Are you on 64-bit Mint 12, or 32-bit? In either case, can you check to see if you have the 32-bit "libasound2-plugins" installed? If not, install that package and see if it makes a difference. The issue with sound dropping off sounds like a long-standing issue between Wine and Pulseaudio that our devs are working on, but you ought to be able to enable and disable sound in-game without causing a crash.

If that doesn't help, please file a support ticket so we can get more in-depth with logging and whatnot.

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

sorry ment I am runing 64-bit mint 13 (Processos i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz,Memory 16.416MB,GeForce GTX 460, Audio HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH)

i have 2 libasound2-plugins 1 named "libasound2-plugins:amd64.list and libasound2-plugins:i286.list)

i just run 14h and then the dayly restart came then i hade no sound after. I hade to reboot my computer to get sound back in the game,
evithing else hade sound. need a way to reboot the sound in crossover (wine) as a tempfix. I hate to reboot my computer but i am also a noobi.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Well, this seems overly simplistic, but once your sound cuts out in EVE, have you tried quitting the game, entirely, then quitting the bottle (Manage Bottles>Quit Bottle), and then killing pulseaudio

$ pulseaudio -k

and then trying a re-launch of the game? Does that work, or do you still have to reboot the whole computer?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU1B1eEZlYlkycVZLR2RxYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9