EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"Python dll" error from launcher patch on 05/21/2013

If you get an error regarding "Python dll" after today's launcher update gets installed, go through Crossover's installation interface to add "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable" to your Eve bottle.

Thank you! That help me. At least launcher is came up... without error on "python.dll". But I can't launch it more than one time. On the second launch it came without login fields)) But I am not sure this is crossover problem.

If you go to the EVE folder in the C: drive, you can delete the contents of the launcher>cache folder, allowing you to log in.

Thank you, Thomas. Between our two workarounds I can log in every time now.

Thanks.
But for me it did not help. Cleared cache and launcher starting up, but as before, without this filed for login and password, and login button. Only ones it came up with them, just lucky)) but no more. Even full reinstall of bottle did not helping) first start after it still without field.
Now im trying to learn how to launch eve.exe directly. Because even if I am starting it from crossover launch application menu it came with this launcher.

Installing "Python 2.6" into the bottle fixes both the login fields not showing up as well as the python.dll error. Install it via Tools -> Install Software and remember to select your EVE Online bottle.

There are some glitches here.

Installing Python 2.6 at default location (C:\python2.6) does no good for the no login fields issue.
In fact for this one there is an error text invisble against the background, saying :

Error -7 when loading url https://login.eveonline.com/oauth/authorize/?client_id=eveLauncherTQ&lang=en&response_type=token&redirect_uri=https://login.eveonline.com/launcher?client_id=eveLauncherTQ&scope=eveClientToken

Clearing all cached data (which ask for a full restart of the launcher) again after installing solves the issue and the login fields are back.

Not sure how long it will last until CCP makes starting the app through the launcher mandatory, but for now (in between two patches) I've found the application to run better when started directly, from "Program Files/CCP/EVE/bin/ExeFile.exe".
Looking at running processes, it seems the launcher doesn't always exit cleanly, even when set to "quit after starting EVE"...

There are other issues with launcher, the beast eats 200% CPU even while idle after launching EVE ! Under windows it uses under 2% when idle...
This issue may be related to the no login field or not but one should definitively select to Close EVE launcher after EVE launch.
Another issue reported is launcher does not cleanly exits even when closed, in fact the process keeps doing I/O or whatever stuff in background even after closing. This behavior is the same under windows and is especially true after patching. The beast accept to die properly in the end but it can take time, just be patient.
It can cause some troubles though if you relaunch the launcher shortly after closing it.

Also after deployment of Odissey 1.0 the Error 7 invisible text error is back with no workaround for now, no login fields shows up even after clearing all data cache :(

Running <EVE bottle c drive>/Program Files/CCP/EVE/bin/ExeFile.exe works and enable the game to launch and run properly.
Just make sure game is fully patched using the launcher before attempting to run this exe directly.

The only way I found for now to get the login fields in launcher is running it during daily downtime : kil all EVE bottle processes, run launcher and clear all cached data thus restarting the launcher, launcher revalidates the client and then you should get the login fields.

You can only try to login if no patch has been applied during this downtime, else you would get various error messages, like :

Sorry, but an error occured while processing your request.

Error code: 996F4777-1086-41E7-9CEB-040723A8560E

or :

{"error":"invalid_request", "error_description":"The callback URI doesn't match the value stored for this client"}

Globally the overall user experience after the recent launcher updates is inconsistent and highly unstable as for now.

Still working on it :)

I resolved my launcher issues by installing native GDI+. I do not know if this is the same issue, but it does not hurt to try.

Cheers

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOXF4RXB4cEdmZVZaNHNNTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9