EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossTie w/o Steam

I have EVE installed and working on some of my systems (Ubuntu 12.04 patched up from 10 a Linux Mint 15 system where EVE was installed by exporting the bottle from the Ubuntu system and importing it) and it works very well.

This weekend, I attempted to use CrossTie to install it cleanly on my Kubuntu system for work and found that it now only supported a Steam installation (which prevents me from using an existing account) and requires me to enroll only via Steam. I was quite honestly stunned at this shift. I had tried to install EVE natively using the online and offline installers prior to this, to no avail, but I attributed the issues to the release of the newest pack (Odyssey).

What happened to supporting the game directly? Steam is great (I have my account there), but EVE was one thing that brought me to CX. I'd prefer to have EVE just WORK again.

That is strange. i was able to install it without an issue.
I copied my successful install to a second bottle and now run two copies at once.

Crossiver HTML engine
DirectX 9
Eve Online
Microsoft rich edit 2.0
Microsoft visual c++ 2005 8.0 redist
Microsoft visual c++ 2008 9.0 redist
msls31
corefonts

Then open the run program using crossover office select the eve online bottle then check create link then make it run
"/home/dablackfox/.cxoffice/EVE Online/desktopdata/cxmenu/Desktop.C^3A_users_crossover_Desktop/ExeFile.lnk" %u

No probs installing or running

@Dablackfox : The issue Karl was reporting was that no crosstie exists anymore for EVE Online.
I checked that myself a few days ago while debugging some issues with new Beta version, no Crosstie :(
You can only install via Steam and this is bad, we don't want Steam, we just want EVE Online installing :)

Now I managed to install EVE from scratch using a new Windows XP bottle but I agree that any non tech-savvy user would expect to just have hist favourite game in the list, click and see it installing.

If I manage to free some time I may look into an EVE Crosstie again.

The thing with crossties for the officially supported applications is that advocates can't mess with them. This being said, I find it weird that the crosstie is MIA. Have you asked Codeweavers about this?

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

The thing with crossties for the officially supported applications
is that advocates can't mess with them. This being said, I find it
weird that the crosstie is MIA. Have you asked Codeweavers about
this?

This was my fault. It's back up. My apologies.

Thanks. I'll have to try it later. I just installed EVE on CX again, but this time I just moved the bottle archive instead.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRnlWUDV3RWNiSlJzQnJnOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9