EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

After Rubicon, repeated crashing.

The patch to Rubicon worked smoothly. However, I've encountered a number of hard locks once I start playing. One character locked at character select due to that character having outstanding redeemable items. Last thing displayed in the console window was "Redeem..." whatever the wording was. I redeemed on my Mac native client, and could then log in.

Also encountered crashes opening large cargo containers with large numbers of items, and attempting to set an system waypoint in the map. This is with latest stable Crossover installed yesterday.

I have been experienceing these same crashes however i would like to add character creation and loging in to the list. i think this is an allround problem.

However i am using the beta version of cxoffice what version are you using?

dablackfox wrote:

However i am using the beta version of cxoffice what version are you
using?

Using the generic Linux installer version 13.0.0 on an Ubuntu 13.10 box.

I'm getting lots of crashes too. It appears to be when downloading thumbnails for items. Typically I find that happens when browsing the market, viewing your cargo holds, or even when selecting objects in your overview which causes a small thumnail to show up at the top of the overview (particularly bad if you've selected something because you're being shot at by them...). Once the thumbnails have been downloaded to your cache, they seem to be ok. I tried downloading the images from http://community.eveonline.com/community/fansites/toolkit/ and extracting them into my eve cache directory. It seemed to help most of the time but I still get qutie a few crashes.

Can you show your backtrace from the crash log, just to see if this is the same issue?

Mine starts like this:
Backtrace:
=>0 0x6c51627d in wined3d (+0x2627d) (0x0033aab8)
1 0x6c535e2d in wined3d (+0x45e2c) (0x0033ab18)
2 0x6c5642fc in wined3d (+0x742fb) (0x0033ab68)
3 0x6c5a47fc in wined3d (+0xb47fb) (0x0033abb8)
4 0x6c5a8998 wined3d_surface_decref+0xf7() in wined3d (0x0033abf8)
5 0x6c5b947a in wined3d (+0xc9479) (0x0033ac28)
6 0x6c5baab1 in wined3d (+0xcaab0) (0x0033ac78)
7 0x6c5bbc6b wined3d_texture_decref+0x5a() in wined3d (0x0033acc8)
8 0x6c5a8912 wined3d_surface_decref+0x71() in wined3d (0x0033ad18)
9 0x6b92c64b in d3d9 (+0x1c64a) (0x0033ad78)
10 0x03bd6b4e in _trinity_dx9_deploy (+0x676b4d) (0x0033ada8)

On a related note, I have another machine running CrossOver Linux11 which doesn't have this problem at all.

Christopher Beckford wrote:

On a related note, I have another machine running CrossOver Linux11
which doesn't have this problem at all.

Out of curiosity, are you using a different distribution for the client that is fine? I'm curious if perhaps it's a buggy library in Ubuntu at the moment. I've got repeated crashes on both an Ubuntu 13.10 install and a 12.04LTS.

This... is starting to sound like you're missing lcms2. It's that it's crashing while downloading icons that makes me think that.

I would run:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag --debug

for what it's worth, CrossOver 12.5.1 and 13.0 and on require lcms2 versus lcms.

And finally, how to get it:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibLcms2

Spot on. libcms2 was indeed the culprit. I've added it following
the link you had and absolutely no issues logging in where it'd
repeatedly crash before. Suddenly I'm a much happier capsuleer.

That did indeed get me further along. Now the client locks up with a memory exception while attempting to use an acceleration gate.

Service infoGatheringSvc: 0.277s
Service journal: 0.000s
Exception MemoryError: MemoryError() in None ignored
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bluepy.py", line 52, in CallWrapper
MemoryError
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000000 at address 0xf74d7741 (thread 0031), starting debugger...

Andrew Hobbs wrote:

Spot on. libcms2 was indeed the culprit. I've added it
following the link you had and absolutely no issues logging in
where
it'd repeatedly crash before. Suddenly I'm a much happier
capsuleer.

That did indeed get me further along. Now the client locks up with
a memory exception while attempting to use an acceleration gate.

Alright, so the next thing...

Assuming you're running CrossOver 13.0 or 13.0.1, how about toggling the Command Stream off?

If this works or does not work, please, please write in a Support Ticket with very detailed information because it is something we may be able to fix:

1. Your GPU, Driver and Driver version
  2. The Linux Distro and version you're running
  3. The exact version of CrossOver you're running
  4. The steps to "reproduce" what you're seeing
  5. A log file with the flags: +d3d,+seh,+tid,+thread
    http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/debug
  6. The backtrace that is presented to you when the crash occurs (it has to accompany a log file or it is nearly useless)

Note that I put the above instructions first because we do actually want the above information. I would suggest pulling together the above information before turning off the Command Stream. Once you have all of that...

Create a registry key to disable the Command Stream:

HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/CSMT=disabled

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/registry_keys

And hopefully you experience much joy! Please don't forget to write us either way.

It looks like the CSMT Trick fixed my issue relating to this.

Hello
I also had repeating client crashes on thumbnails loading.

Setting HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/CSMT=disabled in registry solved problem.
Having liblcms1 and liblcms2 installed didn't help.

My setup:
GPU: geforce GTX 650
nvidia proprietary driver (from debian repository)
crossover 13.0.1

How to reproduce crash:

1. Use eve launcher to clear cache and all user settings.
  2. Log in and enter game.
  3. Open market window and go into random ship group.
  4. There should be exclamation marks for a moment before thumbnails load.
  5. With CSMT=disabled thumbnails load properly. Without - client crashes.

I am having the same thumbnail problem, but my registry path doesn't exactly match yours so adding it isn't fixing the problem. Any other info on exactly how the registry needs to be edited?

I am having the thumbnail issue, but the path stated for the CMST does not match the thread.

The stated one is:
HKCU/Software/Wine/Direct3D/CSMT=disabled

The Path I have is:
HKCU/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/Direct3D

(This also assumes that HKCU ==HKey_Current_User)

I have added the CMST key in both the Direct3D location I found and added it in the stated path, but the result is the same and anytime a thumbprint of a blueprint attempts to show, EVE crashes. What am I missing on this?

I submitted a ticket on this issue, because I also had different paths and couldn't turn off the command stream. Below is the staff response. It might be helpful for anyone who is having the same issues:

"Luckily there is a much easier way to disable the Command Stream than editing registry keys. You can open Crossover and click "Tools" and then "Manage Bottles". Select the bottle that Eve is installed and click the "Advanced" tab. Now just check the "Disable Performance Enhanced Graphics" option and then see if that fixes the issue."

Note (since even after opening the window I didn't see it right away). The disable option is at the very bottom of the tab, beneath "Make this the default bottle".

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoienh2R1VTVUs5YXJZTlB0WCIsImdkcHIiOjB9