EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

EvE Online issue

Hello, everybody.

I started to experience hangs and crashes in EvE Online client after installing El Capitan. Any Ideas? I’m ready to help to find that bug since I need that game! :)

Yours truly, Pavel.

This is just a guess, but we found Crossover was getting stuck exiting on some Mac 10.11 machines and maybe that could be related to the issue you're seeing? Try opening Terminal and running

defaults write com.codeweavers.CrossOver Depth -int 3

and then see if EVE's any better.

Should I do it as root (via sudo) or as myself? (found it, nevermind)

Much better so far, but once I’ve encountered a freeze when tried to switch between windows in the EvE GUI. Also, I used quite medium graphics settings. Will test a bit more.

Right now it crashed right after opening Options dialog. Couple of hours before that worked well.

Got several new crashes/freezes. Overall performance looks a bit more stable though.

If I understand you correctly going to the options dialog crashed the game at least once, but the crash is not 100% reliable? Sometimes the options dialog works, sometimes it doesn't. Is that right?

Yes. I’d also divide bugs in two categories: crashes after interacting with game UI (vtnus, windows, launching drones, etc.) and random freezes/crashes. Both happen about 2 times/hour.

We released two updates that fix problems on El Capitan, one of them yesterday. Please give them a try. Your problem seems different from the things yesterday's update fixed, but it's still worth a shot.

So far I only found your report of EVE Online instability on El Captian. Are there any others?

Everything besides this works fine for me, thanks.

Is there any progress/work on the issue? It hangs randomly and inhumane ;)

any updates? I literally paid $60 for this program days before getting El Capitan and it doesn't work :(

i hate to be the bearer of bad news mate, but since they don't seem to care.. i figured i'd post what they told me via E-Mail today.. I just asked for a refund.. if enough of us do, maybe they will fix it :(

Hello,

We don't test or bugfix EVE on Mac as they have a native Mac client. I will forward this ticket to accounting for a refund.

Thanks,
Andrew

On 2015-12-16 at 17:52, travis mathis wrote:

CX Version: CrossOver Mac 14.1.11
Application: EVE Online
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

I'm emailing because I purchased CrossOver a few days ago while still on
Yosimite to play EVE Online. It worked great, until I got a new macbook
today and now it crashes constantly while playing. CrossOver 15 the
game Flashes constantly.. Any chances on fixing these issues? If not
can I get a refund please? The posts on the forums have gone
unresolved for months.

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFZaNVhrVk1ldWJUdXZ2UiIsImdkcHIiOjB9