EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outdated Graphics Card Detected... :(

Im running OSX 10.5.6 - Macpro 2x2.8ghz Quad-Core
10GB Ram - 8800GT graphics card

Crossover Games 7.1.2
I downloaded Eve_premium_setup_85476-m.exe

All installed and when i try to run Eve I get the "outdated graphics card" error.

Is there a fix for this? is anyone successfully running the up-to-date client under CrossoverGames?
The offical OSX client isnt stable enough for my liking, I dont want to have to run bootcamped Windows in order to play.

Thanks for any help, Darryn.

Well, I think you can get around that error message by enabling GLSL for EVE. However, I'm not sure it gets you much further. In my testing here, I could get into the game and do stuff, but I couldn't see any models (ships, stations, etc.).

To enable GLSL, use the Run Command dialog to run "regedit" in the bottle with EVE. Navigate to key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\ExeFile.exe\Direct3D]. Create a string value called "useGLSL" if it's not already there. Set its value to "enabled" (really, anything other than "disabled").

Enabling GLSL does allow the game to launch, however ship/station models etc are broken on my MacMini (9400M w/256MbVRAM)(reported Wine shader issue IIRC). :(

I have the same problem on my MacBook Pro with an 8600M GT.

It works out of the box for me, running cxgames 32-bit on an x86_64 install.

The EVE installer reported the install failed (at directX, naturally) but it seemed to work anyways. I did not have to tweak anything, it all works.

Note that I did not let the cxgames installer download EVE, I downloaded the 'offline' installer and pointed to that (EVE_Premium_Setup_89883_m.exe)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTDNHWGN3OWM1dE5wVktwcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9