EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ExeFile has a serious error / Tyrannus

Hello, I tried to install Eve in an XP bottle several times, but it always give me a message like "Exefile.exe has met a serious error and must closed"

Sorry for the loosy translation, the message is orignally in french, but it's basically the meaning of it.

I've put Direct X and fonts in the bottle, and try to reinstall in a new bottle 3 times, but it's still the same.

I've enable the GLSL in the registry as well, but it's not working better...

I'm running CrossOver for a trial on my Mac OS 10,4,11. I would be delighted to buy it after the trial time, but for now, all I see is that it's not working at all...

If anyone has an idea, I would be glad to hear it ! :)

Thanks in advance.

let it use the win2000 bottle that worked for me

I just did this install on Ubuntu 10 with CX Games 9 with a clean default bottle and it worked fine. I did download the game and installed with the local file not the network installation, but it worked famously.

Claire wrote:

Hello, I tried to install Eve in an XP bottle several times, but it
always give me a message like "Exefile.exe has met a serious error
and must closed"

Sorry for the loosy translation, the message is orignally in french,
but it's basically the meaning of it.

I've put Direct X and fonts in the bottle, and try to reinstall in a
new bottle 3 times, but it's still the same.

I've enable the GLSL in the registry as well, but it's not working
better...

I'm running CrossOver for a trial on my Mac OS 10,4,11. I would be
delighted to buy it after the trial time, but for now, all I see is
that it's not working at all...

If anyone has an idea, I would be glad to hear it ! :)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can you tell us a bit more about your Mac please? What model is it,
and what videocard does it have fitted?

Cheers!

Hy,

It's a Mac Mini, and the Video card is a GMA 950
I paste you the spec (it's in french but quiet understandable I guess.)
Intel GMA 950 :

Modèle de jeu de puces : GMA 950
Type : Moniteur
Bus : Intégré
VRAM (totale) : 64 Mo de mémoire système partagée
Fournisseur : Intel (0x8086)
Identifiant du périphérique : 0x27a2
Identifiant de révision : 0x0003
Moniteurs :
LM17A :
Résolution : 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz
Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits
Core Image : Avec accélération matérielle
Moniteur principal : Oui
Miroir : Désactivé
Connecté : Oui
Quartz Extreme : Géré
Rotation : Géré

Thanks !

I will retry with a win200 bottle and tell you if it works.

Hi,

B) "Avec accélération matérielle" so much nicer saying it like that ..

The GMA-950 is going to be the problem here, but there may be ways and
means to get it working -- let us know how you get on with the win2000
bottle first, then I can throw you a few more ideas to try if that doesn't
work as expected...

Cheers!

I got an error with DirectX... "Direct X installation failed with error "1" It is suggested that you restart your computer and then run DXSETUP.exe located in bin\Directx in your Eve folder"

I did, but then when I launch Eve, it says that I should restart my computer, probably because of a patch, and that extra files are in the folder Eve\bin, such as ..._DS store ! I imagine, it happens when I try to relaunch the famous Dirextx exe, anyway, I can't suprress it (is hidden I guess ?) I probably did it the wrong way...

I got the error with Direct X several time when I tried to make a Win2000 bottle, the only time it got smoothly with Direct X was when I made an XP bottle (but it finally doesn't work either, the famous Exefile error was there !)

I'm making an ultimate test with the win200 bottle, but I'm not very optimistic with it.

Don, I'd be glad to here some of your ideas !
For you information, months ago, when it was "Apocrypha" I could use it with the mac version whithout any problem. It was working fine, really !
Unfortunately, the mac version of Tyrannius isn't working now, that's the reason why I'm trying it with Cross Over.

Thanks again ! :)

Hi,

Well, there's going to be more to this than meets the eye going by
this title's entry over at wineHQ...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20275

What I'm mostly confused about here are the directx errors you mention.

Here's sort of what you should be doing for a gma-950 based Mac (I think,
I'm not real sure as I don't have one but others that do give me clues)...

create a new win2000 bottle

highlight the new bottle ->control panel->wine configuration to start
winecfg. In winecfg->graphics_tab->you will see 'emulate a virtual desktop', enable this then click apply-> then ok

install microsoft directx runtime (legacy) from inside 'runtime support components'

now install the game itself --- if you want to patch it, download the patches (do not do it online
as some report that is not working)....

..let me know how this goes....

Cheers!

I'm desperate....

I've made my win200 bottle with the installation of fonts (I can't create a lonely bottle, right ?)
I've made the change you advise in wine ==> no problem.
I've installed Direct X, the classical one (I'm not sure what is legacy, I've the choice with "classical", and "modern" -in french please 😉 )
Then, I installed the full package of Eve
==> nok, same error with DirectX when I'm making the installation
Then, same Exefile error when I try to launch Eve.

So, I've tried several things : first, I download back the full package of eve, and make all things back
==> same problem.
I've tried with the other DirectX thing (the "modern" one)
==> same thing
Then, I've tried with an XP bottle, and the modern Direct X
==> same problem.

If you got any tricks about this Direct X things, I'd love to try it. :))))

Hi,

Apologies for not realizing 'legacy' would've been translated... 8)

You can create a lonely bottle by the way, but I doubt that's at play here....hmmm....

Would it be possible for you to create a debuglog?....see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/SubmitTechSupportLog

If you can create that log, upload it to a free public repo (rapidshare or the like)
and post the URL back here, I might be able to spot the error ... for the debug,
check +seh +trace and in the 'other' section section put +ntdll .....I don't
think I'll be able to isolate this without a log...

Cheers!

Hy again !

Here is the log :
http://rapidshare.com/files/399409699/newlog.cxlog.zip.html

I hope it's gonna be fine for you : I haven't check +trace, because, ther wasn't such option, but I did all the rest.

I retry from scratch tonight, but ...still the same !

Thanks a lot for your help. :)

Hey there!

Thank you for the logfile -- well done!

The crash itself is related to the jukebox component not working (known issue according
to the wineHQ posting) -- you will probably need to rename the jukebox directory as is
mentioned on that page (in the 'What does not' section);

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20275

The directx errors....hmmm....at the moment, my speculation is it's seeing the gma-950
videocard and it is not real happy about that...so the installer is trying to validate
the directx setup any way it can (likely not to work). My guess is, folks using a nvidia
(or other) video chipset don't encounter this problem. This in itself might not stop the
game running however.....we will have to see.

Try to clear the crash related to the jukebox component first as per above. Get back to
me about how that goes -- I''ll try to get one of the codeweavers Mac gurus to have a
look at the logfile as well....they may have another idea I am not aware of...

Cheers!

Hello !

I renamed the folder as you suggest.
Unfortunately, it's exactly the same.
Well, not exactcly, now in standard mode, it just doesn't launch : after the "Tyrannis" window, Eve just shut.
The error message with Exefile appear only in safe mode.

Have a nice day !

Greetings again,

Okay...besides the jukebox error which was clearly apparent, there is another
error in the log that I can't readily explain.....perhaps it's your version
of OSX in combination with that gma-950, I'm not really sure, but I have done
what I say above -- emailed the Redoubtable Ninjas if they could have a look
at the debuglog and comment on the situation -- one of them will be sure to
reply soon...

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for your support.
I would totally understand that this video card + tiger could be THE problem, I'm just not ready to upgrade my mac.
I'll wait for your ninja ideas anyway. 😉

Even on Linux, EVE reports that the DirectX installation failed - this is a known bug in Crossover that we're working to fix. The EVE client isn't properly detecting DirectX as reported by Crossover, even though DirectX is successfully installed and under most circumstances users can launch and run the game just fine.

In your situation, however, you've got two strikes working against you:

• the on-board gma950 chipset is woefully inadequate for handling the graphical load of EVE. We've talked to quite a few users who made valiant efforts but in the end simply couldn't get EVE running past the character screen. As soon as the game starts to load the bulk of the graphical environment, the gma hits its limit and crashes. This game really requires a dedicated graphics card, rather than an on-board chip.

• more importantly - Crossover Games only supports EVE on Linux. There is a Mac-native client, and we really recommend that Mac users download and use that from the EVE Online website. The EVE Online installer profile still appears in the "Community Supported Applications" section in our CX Games Mac software installer, but we no longer actively test or program for EVE on the Mac.

Hello,

Thanks for all those precisions.
I guess I will have to wait till I upgrade my Tiger to a Snow leopard with Nvidia graphic card ! 😉
(Cause unfortunatley, the mac client of eve doesn't launch at all, it seems that my Tiger doesn't meet the minimal requirement any more)

Have a nice day !

Claire

Hi,

i have had exactly the same problem on Ubuntu. It was really painful until i clicked "OK" on Error-message Window and forget to kill the Eve Installer. After some time (about 3-5 min) i have seen, that installation goes forwards... It was almost successful, but Direct-X. This i reinstalled from "drive_c:/Program Files/CCP/EVE/bin/DirectX/dxsetup.exe"

I hope this helps you.

Best,
Leo

1 to 19 of 19

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZmViRmVHbWhDcHZiTVRTdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9