Evernote 4.x Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot connect to server

I am running the latest version of Crossover for Linux XI and trying to get Evernote up and running. The install seems to run fine, but Evernote cannot connect to the server. It seems to be an SSL error.

I am able to get this running with Wine 1.4, but not with Wine 1.5.3.

I am interested in buying crossover xi for powerpoint support, but it'd be a real bummer if I have to run Wine separately anyway to get Evernote support.

Anyone here get it running? I am using Ubuntu 12.04 32bit.

Actually -- this could be an Ubuntu->Debian->OpenSSL bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssl/+bug/965371

I am running Evernote 4 on Crossover XI, no problems at all.
However, I am not running Ubuntu - so it's quite possible your problem is Ubuntu-related.

Nils Andresen wrote:

I am running Evernote 4 on Crossover XI, no problems at all.
However, I am not running Ubuntu - so it's quite possible your
problem is Ubuntu-related.

That is good to know, thanks.

Has anyone gotten this to work under Ubuntu yet?

I am successfully using Evernote 4.5.10 on Ubuntu 12.10 with latest version of CrossoverLinux

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2tzRUZuZnlMaFQ5ZlJaYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9