Fallout 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steamwebhelper.exe crashes - game won't run

Hey everyone, like the title says. Has anyone experienced this or know how to work around it? Thank you!

Marcos Redondo wrote:

Hey everyone, like the title says. Has anyone experienced this or
know how to work around it? Thank you!

About 2 or 3 weeks agao steam pushed an update since then I am gettig alot of steam webhelper crashing. It may also be affecting games as wel.

I have the same problem.

So I can't play Skyrim 😭

This should be fixed in an upcoming bug-fix version of CrossOver, which we plan to release soon.

Markus wrote:

I have the same problem.

So I can't play Skyrim 😭

Were you able to play Skyrim before this issue appeared?

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Were you able to play Skyrim before this issue appeared?

Yes, I played the game without big problems.
Unfortunately I started Steam with an active internet-connection, so steam gets the update.
Before that I played in the train on my laptop without an internet-connection.

You can also use Steam workshop for installing mods.

NexusModManager and all the other tools won't work.

Sadly, version 14.1.4 doesn't help 😥

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSGVueG1iN3dnUlpMMmNWTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9