Fallout 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I have issues with mouse movement

My system MacOSX 10.5.5
I have CrossOver 7.1.0
I install Fallout 2 with patch 1.02 in Windows 2000 bottle, all fine, but the mouse moves a very bad!
I read "Tips and Tricks" and make:

"If you are having issues with mouse movement (sluggish, jumps
around a bit); install sfall from
http://timeslip.chorrol.com/sfall.html, by copying it into your
fallout 2 directory (~/Library/Application Support/Crossover
Games/Bottles/<BottleName>/drive_c/Program Files/BlackIsle/Fallout2
by default on a Mac) -- then running 'winecfg' in the bottle and
changing ddraw to "Native then Builtin" (native, builtin). You can
edit sfall settings in ddraw.ini in the Fallout 2 directory."

that does not work!

Please Help me!
Sorry fo my English.

Hy zsv,
You should indeed add the overrides, but did you add an override for the dinput.dll file? This problem seems a input/output problem and the first thing I'm thingking is to install the latest (Nov 2008 at the moment of writing) Direct X Version, and add overrides for the dinput and dinput8 dlls.
If this doesn't work, execute the program from within a shell with the verbose option.
(# wine --verbose application.exe)
You should open the sell from within crossover, because otherwise the environment variables aren't loaded. Post the (full) output here so we can analize it 😊

Greetings,
Yvan
(You don't need to appologize for your bad english. Mine is also not good 😊 )

It took me awhile to figure everything out, this is to do with mouse movement but will also address all issues

Insert disk and install into a windows 2000 bottle
Don't start it yet because it won't work
Download Killap's restoration Project(includes patch)
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40443
The download link is located in his signature on the right hand side
download the installer, not the manual
Copy to your fallout 2 folder
Set the bottle containing fallout 2 to your default bottle in the manage bottles screen
Double click on Killap's RP and install everything into the directory(should find it automatically)

Alternately you can install other patches or megamods but I've heard this the best
and most stable for playing, no need to install the official patch because Killap's patch
addresses all the issues, (at least thats what I read on peoples posts)

Then Open up the manage bottles screen
Click on the Fallout bottle and go to the control panel button on the top right menu bar
Click on Winecfg and click launch
Click on libraries on the top menu bar
Paste "ddraw.dll" and click add,then click yes to the warning about order
Then launch fallout and it should work grand

I'm no expert in computers, I just searched the net over and gathered all this info and it worked for me, mods and patches can be found at:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=19

Sfall is included in killap's RP and this will sort out the mouse movement problem

If you don't want to clutter your fallout bottle then create a new winxp bottle and set that to default in
the manage bottles menu
adios amigos

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUWtGZkxGUmJ6SzJuTEI3TCIsImdkcHIiOjB9