Fallout 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Very Slow Performance with CXG 8.1.4/10.5.8

The test system for this game was a 2 Ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook with 3 GB RAM, running 10.5.8 and CXG 8.1.4. Past advice on how to get the game to install and run effectively as posted here seemed to work, only that after installing the unofficial Fallout 2 Restoration Project patch, Fallout 2 would only run in a win98 bottle.

The problem I've encountered here is that performance is horrible. The mouse is very jerky, and the game itself is extremely slow. I've tried disabling USB Overdrive but that doesn't seem to have much effect. I'm baffled that others have gotten such good results while the game continues to perform very slowly for me.

Hi,

A lot of the test results here involved COG-8.0 or earlier (the 7.x releases)

Perhaps something has changed between then and the 8.1.4 release - the only
way to really conclude this position, is to rollback your crossover-games
version to that indicated where the mouse fix apparently worked (COG-7.2),
and see if it still does work in that version -- if it does, you should be
able (via upgrading the COG install) to find out exactly when/where this
work-around stopped working.

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFBBWVc4TXBIUDZSS2NBSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9