Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 3 never finishes install

Hi every one im very new to codeweavers and I am having a very hard time trying to get fallout 3 to run on my macbook. I have had it run great on bootcamp but i dont like having to reboot my lap top every time i want to play a game. so when trying to install fall out I
1)Other Application
2)New winxp bottle
3)Choose install file
(then from their i select from my fallout 3 cd setup.exe)
4) starts the fall out 3 install
5) finishes fallout 3 and ask view read me and launch game I say no to both
6) CrossOver games still looks like its doing something and its only half way done but never finishes.

so at this point i can cancel and try to run the game buy going to -> Programs -> Run Command -> Run Fallout 3 Bottle -> command Falloutlauncher.exe -> Run
"No disc inserted.
Please insert the original"Fallout3" CD/DVD,
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more
detailed infromation."

7)I install the latest update of fallout 3
8) Open ~/My Games/Fallout3/FALLOUT.INI
9) Find bUseThreadedAI=0 and change it to bUseThreadedAI=1
10) Add iNumHWThreads=2 after bUseThreadedAI=1
11) Save file and launch Fallout 3

Now I can run the game from "Run installed software" but still no cd problem I have read all the tips & tricks and just cant seem to get the game to run please help. Has any one els had the problem wear the bottle just never finishes?

Currently the CD check mechanism does not work with COG 7.2.2

The Digital Rights Management (DRM) software in this program prevents
it from running in CrossOver. If you are in a legal jurisdiction which
allows removal of such software, you may have luck running this program.
Unfortunately, CodeWeavers, because they are subject to the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act, will be unable to support you.

So if I am in legal jurisdiction how would I do this?

edit: i figured it out I feel like their should be no harm in saying you need to down load this (and say what it is) but it may be illegal in some country. I know you cant link any one to them but whats wrong with saying try goggling this?

Patrick wrote:

So if I am in legal jurisdiction how would I do this?

edit: i figured it out I feel like their should be no harm in saying
you need to down load this (and say what it is) but it may be
illegal in some country. I know you cant link any one to them but
whats wrong with saying try goggling this?

Due to the fact that it may demonstrate and/or sufficiently provide the means for people
in the locale of this US site (codeweavers.com), to effectively circumvent DRM. The way
the DMCA ruling is worded, one cannot do that on/in a US (and other locales bound by very
similar laws) website(s).

A case of "sorry, we don't write the laws - but we have to honor them none-the-less"

well thank you for your help I have ben playing Fallout 3 on my mac now for a few hours with no problems :) love the product!

Im having the same problem as you had, but after goggling I found no cure. Is there any way you can give me some more hints how to do this correctly?

hey hit me up on email patiscooler@gmail.com

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickZld0tYUTJ1d3BrbWNtZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9