Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 3 on steam crashing repeatedly.

I recently installed Fallout 3 on my Macbook (Snow Leopard) via steam and for some reason it crashes every 30 minutes or so. Pretty similar problem as another one on this forum but theirs was just a retail cd whilst mine is steam. So i really dont know what to do about it. My game doesn't slow down before it crashes in the slightest. The only thing that I've noticed so far is either my screen flickering purple (which I seem to have fixed by making it a virtual window) or that my VATS won't work properly. The screen has this weird green tunnel vision thing and tells me that none of my moves will do anything. I would really appreciate the help. :)

I get that as well. I turn down the graphics settings ... way down ... but then monsters are kind of invisible until they're shooting at me, which is no fun. I'm not sure why the steam version seems so sluggish.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSEVOZVF1SnBYdWZBNXV6ciIsImdkcHIiOjB9