Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CD/DVD Release Works?

On the Fallout 3 Details page it says that the CD/DVD release works and that the Steam version (GOTY edition) is known not to work. Perhaps this is backwards?

What's odd for me is that other people seem to have gotten the DVD to work in WINE without seeing a SecuROM "No CD/DVD-ROM drive found." error. Why isn't it working in Crossover?

Bump. This has got to be wrong; I've never been able to get the CD to work, but apparently Steam does.

There could be a Linux-OSX difference. OSX doesn't allow low level access to the cdrom drive, so most CD authentication checks fail even if CrossOver gets the anti-debugger checks right.

I'm almost certain this was a simple transposition error, and it was meant to show the opposite of what it does. This is incorrect and deeply misleading. I would have been infuriated if I had bought the DVD release based on this information. How do we get this changed?

I've updated the steam release to "works", but I don't want to change the DVD release to "doesn't work" without someone checking that it in fact doesn't work. I doubt it's a transposition error, more likely related to DRM in OSX vs Linux as Stefan says. I'll try to test it out on my mac next weekend, but I don't have linux to test it against.

The DVD version of the Game of the Year edition most certainly doesn't work, and I'm pretty sure that listing was updated based on the fact that I had tried and completely failed to get it to work. Apparently other, non-GOTY editions have worked, but I can't confirm that.

Hello, I just wanted to tell you that the DVD version works fine in linux following the guide on WineHQ!

D.Slong

Is that the Game of the Year edition?

Hello, it is the game of the year version DVD!

D.Slong

Could you link to the guide you mention so I can try it out on my Mac?

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVd6eHR2RlQ2bnBOcFFDNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9