Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 3 wont start

I was able to install fallout 3 using steam, but i cant play it. When i press play on the launcher, it just crashes, thats it. I thought i might have missed a step i installing it correctly because it was incredibly confusing for a computer noob like me.

My IMac's stats or whatever you pros call them are,

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

It's probably a bit late now, but all I can suggest is disabling GFWL (GFWL causes FO3 to crash immediately for me even on Windows - there's a tool to disable it here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1086/ ) and perhaps setting an override for quartz.dll if DirectX is installed (set it to "builtin").

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickpMVUV0N3d5cnBOUmtFZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9