Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Strange interior textures and lightning

Hello,
I was playing fallout 3 starting from crossover 14.0.0. everything worked even with mods and i was really enjoying the game
recently i upgraded to crossover 15.0.0 and the only game that started behaving strange was fallout 3(skyrim still works perfectly).
the only strange thing is with any interiors. outside everything is alright. So something happened to the walls textures, if i look at them, they are smooth, no picture or decals, like the are on lowest settings! but they are not, i play on high. lightning doesn't do anything to walls. if i look next to the wall, i can this that it becomes normal wall and not that smooth thing. Some characters lose torso texture in different lightning.
i have mac book pro 10.10.2.
didn't install any new mods after the upgrade, tried changing graphics but still not working
help please.

I have same issue. iMac mid 2011, OS X El Capitan 10.11.2, Crossover 15.0.

I am just trying CrossOver with steam and fallout 3 on a mac mini late 2009 (8 gig) I had it running on Yosemite using regular wine installation with the special steam build, and it ran fine. I updated to El Capitan and nothing worked anymore on the wine version, and its not clear that its working yet in the wine community. I can't get any clear installation information.
I decided to try CrossOver 15.0.1 and was able to get it to work. But I have the problem of texture mapping not working quite right. The texture sort of pops in and out. My old wine versions did not do that. I now installed it on a mac-pro, brand new one, on El-Capitan and the texture mapping is popping in and out on objects and people and walls the same as my mac-mini, even tho I have everything cranked up to high as it can go. I made all the changes for the steam version as indicated in a post a few below this one.

I'm still on the trial version. If this texture problem can be fixed I will be a paying customer.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTmR4UVRiY1JzU1RYN2duSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9