Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 3 Freezes my mac

Hello,

I followed CXgames 9 How To: by James, in Tips and tricks section
using the latest version of Crossover games.

It runs well until I make a new game, the video shows and then when it finishes or i skip it it freezes my computer.

I can't command +q or anything, only a hard reset works.

Hmm. This is the first I have heard of this issue. Any chance you can tell the specs of your Mac? I'm wondering if there is a RAM issue somewhere in there. Unfortunately I don't really have any real world experience with newer macs I can only guess what the issues are.

Did you change the FALLOUT.INI file as stated in the tips and tricks? If you are using a Duo Core you will likely need to do this. If you don't have a duo core then it can be omitted and could potentially cause issues if you only have 1 processing core.

Sorry I can't be of more help at the time being. Perhaps you could ask an avid Mac user or post a bug for this incident with a log.

Hi,
thanks for the response,

I have a Core 2 duo e8400 3ghz
4GB ram
ATI 4870 512MB
Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Yes, I have done the ini modifications, and without them, still the same problem :(

Yeah, I would try submitting a bug. For the time being I'm sure you could probably ask someone for a fresh save point to get you by that spot. It might work. Not sure.

I'm not sure how good or bad the Ati drivers are on a Mac, but I know on linux when I was using my Radeon 4850 I was having a lot more issues then with my Nvidia card. It would often freeze up my computer after about 15 or 20 minutes of play and I would have to hard reset. Maybe your being plagued with a similar issue. Make sure your driver is the latest one.

Once again, just spit balling here. I'm sure you likely have already tried that.

thank you again for the response.

Now I have to find out how to find out which drivers I have and where i can check for that info in MAC,
hehe.

Still no luck, even tried with wineskin and it's the same.

dude, this is a Bethesda game, it's not Crossover that makes it crash it also crashes on WinSuck.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieXVFQlV1S215WkphdFpDWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9