Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Random Crashes after first level (wasteland).

Graphics: Nvidia 9400M

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this: After the level "valve 101" it crashes randomly(very often) in the wasteland and also the graphics are getting messed up.
Tried many things (register and stuff), no fix for that at the moment what i figured out...

Hey Paul. Did you apply the newest patch? If you haven't do it. This is what I was talking about before. As I said, if you haven't run into any of the bugs and crashes you will. Try updating, after that you will have to disable games for windows live, get the link in the tips and tricks section. Then enjoy. Most of the crashes should be solved.

I will be on that. Will report on this later.

As I said it should solve most of the problems. The patches were released for a reason. The game was very buggy when it was released. Random crashes all over the place, and yes, this was on the windows platform. Most of the bugs and random crashes have been worked out with the patches though. This is why I was saying you should add the patch and disable games for windows live in the C4P for Fallout 3, or the game is near unplayable. I was running windows when it first came out and could hardly play the game without saving every 2 minutes and getting so annoyed I was tempted to toss my computer out.

Thats clear, post dependenties will come later, so if those arrive i can add disable games for windows live and the patch to 1.7. so hang on!

Did you ever get to it? You never let me know how it went. I once again played Fallout 3 on windows without patching (installing second DVD) and once again I had the same issues. Regular random crashes, patching certainly helped with this. Haven't had a crash on it since. Also, this was on a fresh windows installation (XP).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNFZlM2NWUndUemdtR1pCdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9