Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

White-Screen on Launch

Hey guys. Anyway, I got Fallout 3 retail, and whenever I try launching the game, the launcher window comes up, I press 'Play'. After a few seconds, the screen turns white, and an error window comes up:

Will patching the game fix this?

Well, I would recommend the patch either way, as this will add more playability and fix a bunch of the nasty bugs in the game. However, I don't believe this is your problem. Is this the game of the year edition or the original? Try using the disable game for windows live found on the tips and tricks. Let me know how it goes, there are a few different things that can cause that, so lets try to pin point it.

Well, it's not GOTYE. And first time I tried patching, it froze at 13%, but I'll retry it later. I'm not at MY computer right now, but when I DO get on it, I'll disable Windows Live.

EDIT: On the Tips and Tricks section, which one is the DIsable Windows Live? The first one?

you didnt use a no cd patch did you? otherwise you may encouter this problem.

Paulthetall wrote:

you didnt use a no cd patch did you? otherwise you may encouter this
problem.

No, but, erm, I got it from a torrent, heehee. I got the .iso, mounted it, and launched installer.exe with Crossover Games.

OW...then it may be a cracked/patched version...sorry, cant help you with that. You need an original/non tweaked version. We only can support that.

Ah. But it is still possible to get it to work?

Wel i know that patched version just dont work, especially when you want to update and i read it freezes at update (which tries to replace files but sees its a different one then should be, because of tweaking/no cd patching). So support just ends there. No remedy then original/non patched version.

BUT, I don't believe that it's patched. Methinks it's not tweaked.

Sorry, I don't condone you getting this game from a torrent, so I am not going to help you anymore with this. My advice is to go BUY the game and support the sofware developer. You can get it at pretty much any decent computer store or just buy it off steam. I would also recommend getting the GOTYE. Goodbye.

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUxWeVZ1cjlhODNDQ3BrcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9