Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

issue with beta driver nvidia

Seems to be a problem with the 260.19.06 nvidia driver. Hopefully it will be fixed when the driver goes live. This is a nvidia issue with the GTS 250 and possibly more (this is what I have). Ubuntu 10.10rc is using this driver for those that need to know. In order to play you will need to use the older 256.53 driver for the time being.

So for a complete novice...how do I get my Fallout 3 bottle to use the 256.53 driver in lieu of the 260.19.06 driver? Thanks!!!

Well, it actually has nothing to do with your bottle, it has to do with your video card and operating system. The driver is what allows the video card to function on your operating system. But it is not an overly easy task and it requires more upkeep for your system when you upgrade your kernel. The best advice I can give is to try to be patient until the latest driver goes live or until a fix is made.

Will do and thanks! I've lived with it until now, so being patient won't matter.

Ok. Nvidia has released the driver 260.19.12. This is a live release, not a beta. The game is once again running with this driver.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVzhxclFkVUJuc242Nkg0RiIsImdkcHIiOjB9