Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error With starting game!

Hi guys i just installed Fallout New Vegas via crossover games! I installed directx, vs 2008 etc etc and i tried to follow the tips too but i can't start the game!

this is hwat it say!

i followed tip and trick the only passage that i skip is this one cause i can't find the file! The link is broken!! Thanks all!

3) Go to the M$ web site and download this [url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d6a69b9f-2aef-4125-b162-edf0ae922caf[/url]. Save it somewhere. Do steps like above but choose this downloaded package. 
Note: You'll also need to find out and copy the file "xinput1_3.dll" to the C:\Windows\system32 folder in bottle. 

Hi. Fallout New Vegas is a different game then Fallout 3. The tips and tricks that are posted for Fallout 3 won't necessarily work for Fallout New Vegas. The error you received is a wine bug that hasn't been fixed yet without adding an extra patch. Unfortunately wine in crossover is precompiled and does not include this patch. Please post Fallout New Vegas information at this linkhere

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGVNTnYzNkxnUVg0c0xZRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9