Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 3 GotY (steam) working in Crossover Games 9.2

I've got an iMac 11,3
Intel Core i7
2.93 ghz Quadcore
8gb Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5750
Mac OS X 10.6.5

I followed CX Games 9 Alternate How To in the Tips & Tricks Tab.

To get past the 'falling cursor' mouse problem, I played with the video settings under 'Options' in the initial screen that I get when I press 'Play' in Steam. I basically tried different ones until I found the one that exactly matched the resolution on my Mac. I went to the Apple Symbol in the top left corner and clicked on 'About This Mac'. I then clicked on 'More Info' and Graphics/Displays. I then tried to find my iMac Display resolution in the Fallout 3 options. I eventually selected 16:9 widescreen (2560 x 1440).

Fallout 3 now plays in fullscreen with no mouse troubles.

HOWEVER ... when I was '19' (lol) the game froze on me. I suspect there was a cutscene in there. It seems the game plays okay though. Pipboy works fine and I killed some roaches and some random guy.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUpGQk40d2VhOWZ3WFJ4cSIsImdkcHIiOjB9