Fallout: New Vegas Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crashes after 5 mins

Macbook pro, Yosemite, Intel Iris

Any current advice on settings to help fix this?

Is there any error message when it crashes? Any other clues?

Sure

This pops up in console when it crashes:

11/07/2015 22:19:31.746 wineloader[906]: wineloader(906,0x49b85000) malloc: mach_vm_map(size=1048576) failed (error code=3)
error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Backtrace:

Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x00000004 in 32-bit code (0x97e7f133).

followed by stack dump etc.

I'll submit the backtrace. But, really, I just want to be able to play this game, not submit bug reports.

Dominic Smith wrote:

I just want to be able to play this game, not submit bug reports.

I'm getting the same, and I'm happy to submit bug reports 😊. What can I do to help?

My apologies for the late reply. I am reading the forums only sporadically...

From the output in the previous post it seems that the game is running out of address space. Setting the large address aware flag on the executable may help, if it isn't already set. http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/ has some info on that, and there are many other tools to modify the .exe file in the same way.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkd0MjNXV1pWRnRUY3NwWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9