Fallout: New Vegas Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

FPS decreasing dramatically when close to a npc

I was playing New Vegas in pure Windows. But these new OS versions got a new feauture called death blue screen. What was once in life now occours ever couple months, kinda tired... It was running good, but the FPS keeps floating, when running, I can feel some kind of "beat" dropping frame in some interval close to a second... mistery!
Now I have installed in my Big Sur using this awesome. I was expecting lower FPS but the Intel HD 4000 still can handle well Fallout over Wine, I'm satisfied. But when I get close to a NPC, the FPS just go down dramatically! When talking is difficult to lead the mouse pointer to an answer. Maybe the graphics config for NPC is not following the rest of rendering, don't know. I have tested with low graphics and didn't change.
Any thoughts?

No answers... Well, the best result I could get is with medium graphics preset but with low resolution in textures definition. The FPS decrease occurs only when I pick Pip Boy and there is a NPC close to me. But is playable now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3JDZEdNOXl5UVlQdHJmZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9