Fallout: New Vegas Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Vegas Performance Issues (modded)

I got New Vegas working with mods via Crossover. I was wondering if anyone knew what to do about the performance issues? I have Esync, Performance Enhanced Graphics and DXVK turned on and the game runs at like 20 fps. Inside, I get like 200 fps. I have mods, but right now they are just engine level fixes that on windows games (or running mod organizer via proton) makes the game perform better. The reason why I can't use mod organizer via proton however, is because when I shut my pc down, it deletes my mod organizer profile and all my mods. Please help. Thank you

I am also running the game in Crossover but encountering some pretty heavy lag. The lag issues appear to be at least partially tied to the processing of sound files. I am running a few mods but nothing major. In response to the OP, I have had some success going with Fallout Mod Manager, where the mods and game profiles are staying stable and working well. Really my biggest gripe right now is the lag in-game.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTFlXcnlnVFY3cUZibmU1diIsImdkcHIiOjB9