Fallout: New Vegas Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout

So before I could launch this, it would detect my resolution, etc, and it would play, but the dock and menubar were visible. This is on an i7 iMac with Crossover Games 9.2 and 10.6.5 with 8GB of RAM by the way.

Anytime I tried to change the resolution it would start, but the mouse would constantly point down, you could fight it and move, but who wants to do that? I finally set it to native resolution, and the menubar and dock are gone, as well as the mouse acting properly. Not sure why it's doing this, but I'm going to play/test further. Then again, with it working, I might leave the test part out and jut play :)

OK, so this will only run in your native resolution, well, it will run in others, but the mouse constantly points down. Changing the native resolution, all the way down to 1024x768, and having the graphics settings on low, the game in unplayable outside. Inside the Doctors Office where you start, all if fine, look movement is smooth, etc, it just when you walk out the door and the atmosphere is added that the game chokes. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Have you tried running it in windowed mode? Through crossover I mean, not by the in game settings. Go to "manage bottles" go to "control panel" tab, then
"Wine Configuration" then under the "Graphics" tab put a check by the "Emulate a virtual Desktop" and change the size to what you want (smaller then your native resolution) and see how it runs.
I haven't had this issue so I can only try to troubleshoot with the normal stuff. Sorry.

Just tried that and , sadly, no luck. To be on the safe side I ran it low quality at 1024x768 and got the same slowdowns. I'd love to figure this out, I am certain I have enough horsepower to run the game :(

Sorry, I got nothin for ya. Maybe it's a mac driver issue. No clue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGtMR2RtNUNuM0pGcHZINiIsImdkcHIiOjB9