Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GOG.com version in CX12

Unlike in past versions, Fallout Tactics works almost perfectly in CX12 on a GMA 950 MacBook (10.6.8); previously it seemed to work only on Macs with discrete graphics. The only remaining hitch is that the game does not work with the unofficial hi-res patch.

EDIT: Ah, stupid me. I really meant to say "CX11.2", as CX12 didn't even exist back when I posted this comment.

that is good news!

un-offical patches are very often buggy. Especially with emulators like crossover. It took me a very long time to get the unofficial "clan quest" patch for vampires: bloodlines to work.

just tried to install the GOG version and I seem unable to get it to run properly. Can you perchance retrace your steps and tell me exactly what you did?

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I don't think I did anything special to get the game to run; I just installed it straight up and it worked out-of-the-box. You may be having issues with the new installer program that GOG has been rolling out these past few months; if that is indeed your problem, you can run it by using the "Run Command..." menu option and adding the flag "/nogui" (without the quotation marks).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlZNOUgyTGFUYUY4NWhZVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9